The Art of Inventory Workshop
October 26 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm$35 – $45
The Art of Inventory is a how to effectively catalog art inventory for artists and collectors.
You’ve finished creating your new body of work…now what?
You need an inventory of your collection over the years for insurance purposes. Do you know the values of your collection?
You’ve learned to create new exciting pieces for your next exhibition. How many pieces have you completed? What are the sizes? What is the medium?
You get a call about one of your pieces they saw in a show three months ago and they were wondering if it is still available. Is it? Do you know where it is now? Is it planned for another exhibition?
In the Art of Inventory, this 3-hour lecture / workshop will cover:
- Creating an effective inventory control system
- Choosing the right inventory software
- Creating an inventory number and why you need it
- Recording the work’s provenance and why this is important
- Tracking artwork to shows, loans, and sales.
- Image control: photographing your work or hiring a pro
- Record the provenance of the work
- Income tracking
- Estate Planning and the appraisal process for your collection
- And much more….
- Suggested tools: Participant should bring their laptops to the workshop. (Optional)
- Special Discount with Artwork Archives inventory control system for all participants!
The Del Mar Art Center is pleased to offer this valuable workshop for artists and collectors.
For Members: $35, Non-members: $45.
DEADLINE TO REGISTER: WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 23!